NAMI Connection is recovery support group for Current WKU Students that offers respect, understanding, encouragement and hope for students struggling with mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, or other mental health concerns. NAMI Connection groups are:
• Free and confidential (non-group members aren’t allowed to attend)
• Held twice monthly for 90 minutes
• Designed to connect, encourage, and support participants using a structured support group model
• Led by NAMI trained facilitators living in recovery themselves
• Open to currently enrolled WKU students regardless of academic classification.
NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. NAMI Bowling Green is an affiliate of NAMI KY. NAMI Bowling Green’s dedicated volunteer members and leaders work tirelessly to raise awareness and provide essential education, advocacy and support group programs for people in our community living with mental illness and their loved ones.
“NAMI Connection has made me realize that I can truly feel comfortable around my peers and I really needed that feeling!"
“I believe NAMI Connection means hope."
“NAMI Connection is the promise of what is and what can be in our lives."
The following are dates for the 2023 Spring Semester.
All meetings are in room 201 in the Academic Complex. Meetings are 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
March 6 and 20
April 10 and 24
Dr. Jay Gabbard
NAMI Bowling Green/WKU
Dates listed above-6-7:30 pm
Academic Complex-WKU-Room 201
Copyright © 2023 National Alliance on Mental Illness Bowling Green - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy